Monday 22 October 2012

Portfolio Mood Board

A brief mood board for my portfolio.
For my portfolio idea board:
·         Old Nintendo video games à specifically Mario
·         Old gaming systems à Game Boy colour
·         Pokémon à Battle arena view (could use menu options as ways to view portfolio)
·         Probably a black background with retro graphics, so mostly subdued colours and a Technicolor palette
·         Tetris background
·         Gaming controls
·         Very 8-bit colours with more pixilated looking fonts and graphics
·         Thumbs on gaming controls
·         I want it to play like the regular video games but on your computer instead and with your mouse. You could probably click on the buttons on the screen to make different things happen
·         Very 2D-looking
·         Vintage video game transitions – wipes, flashing and pixilation,

Of course, if I can’t use Mario and Pokémon, I can still go for the old vintage video game effect, but I’d have to do it my own way. I could just have motifs from each of them, like coins or mushrooms or the little Pokémon dude, or I could come up with a 2D 8-bit character and have them collect things and battle with insects and spider or something. It would look like Pokémon and Mario but have my own graphics etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment