Monday 12 December 2011

MEDIA ARTS: Flash Game Critique

1. What I liked most
For my "Gift Delivery" game I liked the actual present and the animations associated with it. I thought it was pretty fun having the bow be the "wings" of my present, and I also really like how the present ripped and the teddy bear fell out, even though I couldn't seem to get the bear to stop falling out afterwards! I think that my present's animations turned out well.
I was also quite happy with the bricks on my houses, because the rectangular brush made it look like there was bricks even though it was just a scattering of rectangles.

2. What could be improved
For the very last scene, I admit I was a bit rushed and so it isn't quite as detailed as the other scenes. I think that there should be more taller objects to make it more difficult to navigate down. I also feel that I should've added a bit more shading to the buildings and surrounding greenery because it didn't receive quite as much attention as the actual gift that you were landing did. I also could've put more Christmas-y decorations around and in the houses (the inner decorations might be visible from the windows).
3. How is this game an improvement upon the original?
I think that my game has much more detailed graphics and is more visually interesting to look at while you are playing. Also, I think that my idea is much more creative and I think that the different aspects (such as the ripping present with the teddy bear falling out) make it more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment