Friday 16 December 2011

MEDIA ARTS: Kruger Imitation


1. What do you see in this piece of art (describe it)?
I see three small children dressed in very bizarre clothing, too big for them. It looks old fashioned, as well. They are all holding empty cups because they have no food. They look quite similar to the children we see every day, ones who might be the daughter or son of your neighbour. They also look very sad. The words say "Their screams are silent to you".

2. What kind of message did you try to give in this piece of art?
I tried to convey the message that poverty is all around us and we ignore the pleas of those who live in poverty. There are people who are desperately in need of help but we simply turn our heads and choose not to see or hear.

3. Did you like or dislike this piece of art? Why?
I did like this piece of art in the way it conveyed the message. I think that it turned out quite effectively and really punched an impact. I would've liked it if I could have used red, because it really is remarkable how much nicer it looks then! However, the purple does highlight the words "screams" and "silent" quite nicely. I don't like it in the way that it makes you feel guilty about ignoring their "screams". But overall I think that it turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment