Monday 10 September 2012

Portfolio Assignment One


Part 1: Strategy
  1. In my portfolio I believe that my family and friends are expecting to see references to some of my likes, like video gaming and creating videos. I like classic video games such as Super Mario and Pokémon. This means that perhaps the whole portfolio will play out like a vintage Game Boy Colour video game.
  2. I think what will surprise people the most are my varied interests. For example, I love video games and computers, but I also adore history and ancient Greek and Roman mythology. I hope to communicate this variety to my audience. I think that this might make me stand out because I’m not afraid to try out new themes when creating my artwork since I have interests in many areas.
  3. My audience will just be my family and friends as a way to express myself and my creativity. I would like my portfolio to seem very organized and to play out smoothly, but still have surprising elements and an exciting feel to it. I want the portfolio design to be as interesting as the art and work displayed within it.
  4. Because this is solely for family and friends, quality and craft will rank priority over clear communication. I want my portfolio to be easy to navigate, but also have small points of interest besides just looking at the art, such as animations from games such as Pokémon and Mario. I don’t need to have everything straight to the point and want to encourage exploration within my portfolio.
  5. I expect that my audience is looking for creative and original ideas. They would want to see that I can create new and surprising things and I want to impress them with my imagination. I would rather have my art be seen as whimsical and fun instead of something that has been done countless times before.


No comments:

Post a Comment