Monday 5 November 2012

Sketch it Up

Menu page of my portfolio

What I'm modelling it after
For my portfolio, I want the first page to resemble that of the old Pokémon game battle screen. For this reason, I am using simplified drawings made up of visible pixels and a very clutter-less layout. From this page, you can select which section you would like to go to. The Idea Thief would move up and down and probably open and close its mouth a little, and the girl would throw the light bulb in her hand out onto the screen much like the boy throws the Pokéball in the actual video game.

In this, the mailboxes are like the ghosts and the envelope is like Pacman. The pieces of paper (letters) are like the large circles you can collect so the ghosts turn blue and you can eat them.

The Resume button would immediately take you to my resume, which would go to a relatively distraction-free screen with a background that is Pacman themed. It would have a movie clip showing a mailbox chasing a letter around the screen much in the same style of the actual game (I don't want to plagarize, however, which is why I'm changing it up a little).

Obviously I would only have one character on the screen at any given time, but I put the three on there to show that I have more animations for the character.

An example of a fact that may show up if you hit a mystery box.

"About Me" would take you to a Mario-themed page where I am the character being controlled. Preferably, I would really enjoy being able to make it controllable, i.e. you can make the character jump and hit the question mark boxes. Each question mark box would reveal a new fact about me. If not, I could have it play in stages, so when you clicked "next" the character would play as a movie clip and hit the question mark box to reveal a fact.


What I'm basing it off of ;)


"Portfolio" would take you to a screen similar to the Pokémon selection screen, only each 'Pokémon' would actually be a piece of art I did and clicking it would allow you to zoom in for a closer look.

The Artist Statement Screen

...which is based off of this.

Finally, "Artist Statement" would bring you to a Tetris-style screen with an animation showing different sentences and words coming down on each of the blocks and fitting together to create the entire artist statement. A solid base of blocks and words would already be in place so that not too many would have to fall down and be put into place.

The transitions from page to page will include 'vintage' transitions from old video games, mostly pixels blocking out sections of the portfolio and sometimes flashes of light and then pixellation.

Whew! That took a lot time to make, it's making me wonder how long it will take me to make the actual portfolio ...











No comments:

Post a Comment