Tuesday 13 September 2011

MEDIA ARTS: Process of Making my Paintbrush Experiment

I'm going to document how I'm doing this before I actually post the entire picture (sort of like a journal of how I made it) so that I don't forget. You don't necessarily have to mark this but it could be useful to know, which is why I marked it with the title as it is.

1.) Put a dark green block at the bottom of my page and coloured the background orange.
2.) Interspersed dark green grass paintbrush patterns with a lighter green grass colour so that it had some grassy texture.
3.) Put blocks (squares) of colour (from orange to yellow in the middle, then branching out to pinks and purples) along the orange bit (my sky).
4.) Put a yellow circle in the centre of my orange-yellow squares and added lighter yellow circles inside of it until the center circle was white.
5.) Used the 'glass' filter on just the sky and blurred everything.
6.) Used the Gaussian blur technique and blended my sky's colours together. Note: I blended the sun and the sky separately (in different layers).
[6.5) See #14]
7.) Used a wire fence brush in black and put it on the picture. Added the barbed wire at the top with another brush.
8.) Put a large brown square next to the fence. Used a square brush at around half opacity and very high 'scatter' setting and proceeded to spread squares in varying shades of brown all over the rectangle so that it looked like it was a brick wall. I would've just used a brick wall pattern but I'm having trouble uploading the patterns so I had to make my own.
9.) Added in 'shadow' rectangles at the bottom of the fence and the building. They were a darker green and I applied a Gaussian blur to both so it would blend with the rest of the grass. Put more grass patterns on the ground.
10.) Put some 'vines' up the sides of the fence.
11.) Added some graffiti to the brick wall with a lot of brushes.
12.) Went into the Filter Gallery>Texture>Texturizer>Brick and changed the scaling to 200% and the relief to 7. The light came from the bottom left. I applied this to only the square rectangle (my 'brick wall') and it made it appear as though my wall had bricks.
13.) Selected the fence with the magic wand tool (I should have done this before I put the fence down, but since I didn't I made do) and copied and pasted it into another layer. Used a cloud paintbrush and put clouds in my sky underneath the fence layer.
14.) Used a white paintbrush of a girl's silhouette and put her by the wall. Made another of the same silhouette in yellow and put it slightly to the left of the white one. Put a black silhouette in between the two coloured silhouettes so that it looked like the sun was reflecting off of her and so that you could see her outline better.
15.) Added some more grass with a paintbrush and gave the girl a shadow like I did the fence and the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment