Thursday 8 September 2011

Photoshop Tutorial

"The Engraved Phoenix" - First Photoshop of this class

The original phoenix picture. Yes, I love phoenixes.
We went through a Photoshop tutorial today. I knew most of the things except how to work the "clone" tool and I hadn't yet experimented with all the different filters, so that was interesting. I made a picture (the blue one) called "Engraved Phoenix" (because that's what it looks like to me) out of another one, which I've also included.

Now the assignment is to make a mosaic out of a face. I picked Emma Watson since anyone who knows me knows I love Harry Potter. :) I took home my picture on my USB but I totally forgot to save the PDF file of instructions on it, (*fail*) so I came to a standstill. :( I also need to ask if (when we're done) the picture is supposed to still look like the person and how that's to be achieved, since so far what I've been doing is making triangles on the picture and using the eyedropper tool to match colours then filling in the triangle with that colour. I couldn't really tell from the picture with the PDF (which I can't even see from at home, anyway...) if that was the goal or if we were just supposed to make triangle OUTLINES and fill in the triangle itself with an effect. Now that I'm talking about it here, that seems to be the logical solution. Ah, well, maybe it was fate I forgot the instructions. That's definitely something I must ask about tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment